Andres Decock won a three-set decision at No. 2 singles and got the winning point in No. 1 doubles on Tuesday as SBCC knocked off Saddleback 5-4 in a men's tennis match at Pershing Park.
The Vaqueros improved to 2-2 and handed the Gauchos (3-1) their first loss in four matches.
Decock, a freshman from Belgium, beat Tyler Edwards 2-6, 6-4, 10-4 (tiebreaker), and then teamed with Dominic Signorello for a tough 9-7 win at No. 1 doubles. Jakob Rinschen and Ronan Casteleyn got the other doubles point after the teams split their six singles, 3-3.
"Andres was the player of the day," said coach Chris McBride. "He was solid in singles and doubles. He served big and was attacking the net with conviction in doubles.
Santa Barbara will host Glendale on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at 2 p.m.
1. Dominic Signorello, SBCC, def. Shayan Haddad Kaveh 6-3, 5-7, (10-7)
2. Andres Decock, SBCC, def. Tyler Edwards 2-6, 6-4, (10-4)
3. Chris Torcaso, SC, def. Jakob Rinschen 7-5, 6-2
4. Ronan Casteleyn, SBCC, def. Lucas Fortt 7-5, 6-3
5. Juan Ozerets, SC, def. Dominic Mariscal 6-3, 6-0
6. Anthony Tran, SC, def. Gabriel Cabezas 6-3, 6-1
1. Signorello/Decock, SBCC, def. Haddad Kaveh/Torcaso 9-7
2. Rinschen/Casteleyn, SBCC, def. Oliver Ludwig/Ryan Burns 8-5
3. Edwards/Fortt, SC, def. Mariscal/Cabezas 8-1